NOTE: The requirements below apply to students declaring the major as of fall 2020. Students who declared before then can choose between these and the former requirements (available here).
Prerequisite: successful completion of one UC Berkeley Latin course
- Elementary Sequence (Latin 1 + 2 or Latin 15) [8 or 10 units; may be partly or completely waived via placement exam]
- Latin 100 + either Latin 101 or Latin 102; students who place out of Latin 100 must substitute another upper-division Latin class [8 units]
- Four additional courses from the departmental offerings of Latin 101-160 [16 units]
- Two of the following: Classics 10A or 17A; Classics 10B or 17B; Classics R44. Preferred options are 10A, 10B, R44 [8 units]
- One upper-division Classics course [= 4 units]